Friday, February 18, 2011

GHANA BOUND: PART 1A

So...sitting at MCI w/ a Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha just waiting to go through security. Already I've been amazed by God's attention to details.  I so adore Him.  This morning was so nice...got to spend a couple of hours w/ my family before heading out.  I couldn't kiss them enough times!!!  I love the way they smell... I love Baby Sam Watson's kisses, snot, slauber and all.  He loves kisses.  Charlee was so cute playing w/ her honey bears and Thomas the trains...her giggles make my world go round.  Got to put C down for her nap and read her favorite 2 books, Cat in the Hat and her toddler Bible.  Before I snuck out she was already sleepy eyed as I kissed her sticky little cheek and said, "I love you!" and she sleepily answered, "I know!"  Thank you Lord...thank you for just allowing me to have a few quiet precious hours w/ my babies and my adorable hubby whom I love more than life itself.  I kept myself together for the most part...considering...but just at the right moment I felt God whisper in my ear, "I will keep misty in perfect peace b/c her thoughts are FIXED ON ME, because she TRUSTS in me."

As I got in the truck and started pulling out of the driveway, I had my arm out the window, my hand doing the sign for "I love you" and I didn't get really teary until I pulled away, watching my home disappear in the rear view mirror.  I reached for my cell to call my girlfriend for an "SOS"...as I was turning it on I told God..."I'm gonna turn on KLove and boy, it would be awesome to hear some music to minister to me!"  When I pressed the button you know what was playing???  STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN (for those who know me they know he's been my favorite for years now) and of all the songs??/ "I'm divin in, I'm goin' deep, in over my head I wanna be, caught in the rush, lost in the flow, in over my head I wanna go, the Rivers deep the Rivers wide the rivers water is alive so SINK OR SWIM I'M DIVIN' IN!"  I was singing it at the top of my lungs!!!! 

So...here I am...divin' in.  To Ghana.  Ready to love and be loved.  Ready to serve.  Ready to work.  Ready for the task ahead.  Ready to learn.  Ready to soak in all that Africa is.  I cherish the prayers of God's people.  I feel so covered...more like MARINATED in prayer today.  For those who are "living this journey" w/ me...thank you for thinking of us and holding us up in prayer.  This mornig I wrote down all the Bible verses any of you have posted on my wall.  I will read them over and over on our long flight.

We will be in Ghana tomorrow but won't actually be w/ Wendy/Greg until Thursday...so please pray for us as we travel for 2 days.  We love you.  Thank you.  Next time I just might be journaling from AFRICA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment