Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Week of Milestones

Today I'm celebrating a week to remember here at Terrell Ranch.

Sam Watson is officially walking!  He has finally learned the art of SLOWING DOWN.  I have decided that my main goal as his mother is to keep him ALIVE for the next 18 years.  The boy has no fear!  I can already picture him with a cape on, jumping off every piece of furniture in my house.  I visualize him w/ a cast on his arm and stitches in his head.  Lord, help me!

My cautious, almost-3-year-old Charlee has also hit a huge milestone this week...one I thought would NEVER get here.  Bless her heart...she over-thinks everything and that "over-thinking" sometimes PARALYZES her in fear.  This will be something that I and her daddy will have to really help her "navigate" through.  Fear is not from God...but I digress.  That being said, she has had a fear to JUMP.  Yes, that's what I said.  She would not let her feet leave the floor, my friends.  I have tried every trick in the book but to no avail.  But this week...while listening to a song about a bunny, low and behold my daughter started JUMPING.  Now, it looks quite hilarious as she hasn't totally committed but this is a HUGE start and I am beyond THRILLED.  Congrats, Charlee!  Just 2 days shy of turning 3 you are FINALLY JUMPING!!!!  WOO HOO!!!!!

So there you have it.

On another note...this is super strange but way too good not to share.  I'm seriously laughing out loud as I type this.  I did some spring cleaning yesterday and opened up a a little bag in our cupboard and pulled out 2 small mesh-type bags filled w/ the BEST AROMA of my life.  A mix of cedar and peppermint which happen to be some of my most favorite smells EVER.

So...it only made sense to stick them in my drawer of undergarments, right?  They needed a little "freshening" up...what woman doesn't love some aromatherapy?  Plus, I figure it was either do that or trash them.  And I'm all about recycling.

It made such an impression on my sense of well-being that when my dear husband got home and we were getting ready for bed, I opened up the drawer and said, "Hunny!  I discovered every woman's dream come true in the world of aromatherapy!" I then proceeded to pull out the little mesh-bag thingy and stuck it on his nose...literally.  He started cracking up laughing.  Why? you might ask.  Well, let me tell you.  Apparently, that "dream come true" mesh-bag thingy that I had in w/ all my undergarments is ACTUALLY a DETERRENT FOR MICE.  Yep, that's right.  Jim bought those to put in our POP-UP CAMPER TO KEEP THE MICE OUT. At least it's "all natural".

Now, normal women would probably refuse to stick that back in their drawer of lace and cottons.

As for what I did...I'll let you decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment